Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dad in Athens

So many people already know that my dad is one of the biggest home bodies in the world. He only travels cross-country to visit family. I can probably count the number of states he's been to on one hand. Though he has traveled out of the country a few times in his 20s (Sandals doesn't really count does it?) it's pretty much safe to say he's not really all that cultured. He ate a hamburger every day for a month straight, I'm not exaggerating.

So when he decided to travel to Athens, Greece with my brother Andrew to visit my other brother Robert during his time there I just knew the quotes were going to be the best:
Is that fried chicken?

First dinner:
"What is this crap?"
"Uhh dad, that's olive oil [for the bread]."
"Well, what do I do with it? Where's the butter?"

While rummaging around Robert's kitchen and coming across Baklava:
"Eww what's that? Is that fried chicken?"

No comments:

Post a Comment